Monday, January 21, 2008

Rolling Stone Tells It Like It Is

We finally started getting Rolling Stone delivered here at the apartment. It's nice to read it somewhere outside of the dentist or doctor's office where I'm scrabling to finish an article before they call my name to inject something into my body. This month, Matt Taibbi has a fantastic piece on the 2008 election entitled "Merchants of Trivia" which describes the current election cycle as it is. Being Rolling Stone, Taibbi doesn't has the same restrictions as writers in publications such as Time, Newsweek, or the Economist. In other words, he can use phrases like "Wall Street whore", "ass-whipping," and "bag of sh*t."

So read the article - it's better than any synopsis I could possibly write. Taibbi says some things that deep down I've been feeling throughout the entire process but couldn't actually articulate. One exception - I don't really want all the candidates to "die in a fire somehow." That's a bit extreme...right?

No comments: