Tuesday, February 12, 2008

I Did It.

After thinking about it, talking about it, and writing about it for months, I finally did it. This afternoon, I pushed the touch screen and cast my primary vote for Senator Barack Obama.

I felt good about it. And you will, too.

However, after walking out of the polling station and feeling proud of the democratic process and our strong institutions, what happens? I slip - both feet out in front of me - and land flat on my ass. This afternoon brought icy weather and freezing rain to the DC area covering the streets and sidewalks in a dangerous glaze. Apparently other people were feeling the effects too, since walking home I saw many in the same position.

Still, I'm glad to have finally voted for Obama in this primary season. Now bring on November...

No comments: