Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Keeping on Rocking in the Israeli/Palestinian World

My buddy Aaron is currently over in Israel and Palestine on a Fulbright scholarship. His current project is what I like to call "Making the Band" – Middle Eastern style. Aaron writes:

"I'm using my Fulbright-mtvU award to create an ensemble of about 10 Israeli and Palestinian high school students. The ensemble is a chance for students from opposite sides of the conflict to come together to learn, write, play music and create something extraordinary."

I'm really proud of the work he is carrying out over there. This is something Aaron has been talking about since I first met him freshman year at college. Take a look at his blog to see the good work he's been doing (includes some footage of a couple jam seasons - a must see).

No comments: