Thursday, March 6, 2008

The Power of Pennsylvania

A couple of weeks ago right before the Potomac Primary I bragged to my parents who live in Pennsylvania that my vote in the Virginia primary would have more influence than theirs given PA's April 22 election date. Well, the joke was on me as Pennsylvania is set to become the "key" prize for the Democrats (pun very much intended). But the joke is really on Michigan and Florida for frontloading their primaries which resulted in absolutely no influence – suckers! (And no, you don't deserve a re-vote. What's fair is fair. Blame your state party officials. Or split the delegates 50-50 and call it a day.)

Back to the Pennsylvania primary: Newsweek's online correspondent Andrew Romano conducted an in-depth interview with Professor G. Terry Madonna of Franklin and Marshall College about the dynamics of that primary. It's definitely worth checking out here.

By the way, Romano graduated from college a year before I did. He's got a sweet gig at Newsweek covering the campaign trail. I've got this blog. Still, I'd rather be a DC Outsider than a Stumper.

No comments: