Tuesday, March 18, 2008

We People (Who Are Darker Than Blue)

Not in a million years would I have predicted that I would post a Sinead O'Connor video on this blog. However, I have an excuse.

Four years ago when I was studying in Ireland, I volunteered at an after-school program for unaccompanied African refugees. It was a great experience. Those kids had such courage and confidence to leave their home countries behind and seek a better future in Ireland – all on their own.

A few of the "lads" I worked with are part of the Discovery Gospel Choir, Ireland's first integrated choir group. They've recently recorded Curtis Mayfield's song "We People (Who Are Darker Than Blue)" with O'Connor. Check out the video (recorded live) and download the iTunes version here. This isn't your grandmom's Ireland anymore!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Very cool, Brett...

Each time I visit your blog I am blown away by how awesome you are!