Thursday, June 26, 2008

Way Better Than Muzak

For most people, Jack Johnson's music conjures up feelings of summertime, kicking back with some friends, and enjoying a relaxing sunset. Think beaches, surfing, and backyard parties. But how about adding this spot to the list: the Trenton train station.

I was waiting for my train Monday evening after a quick visit back home and was ready to plug in my earphones when I heard Johnson's "If I Had Eyes" emanating from the the platform speakers. It sure beats Muzak, right? Perhaps it's part of the $74 million renovation plan that aims to transform the station from a dump into the shining jewel of New Jersey's capital. Or perhaps it's a scheme to allow travelers to forget they are in Trenton. Not sure when the completion date is set for, but they seem to be on their way.

So check out the song, and let the soothing melodies transport you to...Trenton, New Jersey.

No comments: