Friday, June 13, 2008

Love Hurts

On more than one occasion, my girlfriend has pointed out that given the chance, she would leave me for Barack Obama. And to be honest with you, I don't have a good response to that. I can't really compete with the good senator from Illinois, though I am happy to say she hasn't left me yet.

Unfortunately, it appears that Rachel Keller's former boyfriend actually went through with it, kind of. She's recently posted a video on YouTube describing her experience fighting with Obama for the attention of her (now ex-) boyfriend. Speaking recently with Politico, Keller, 27, said her former boyfriend became "all wrapped up in the campaign" despite the fact that he was just a health care consultant and had no connection with the Obama camp or politics. "I'm your average girl who likes Us Weekly. And I read the headlines in The New York Times, sure, but I'm not as in-depth as that. And so there were times when he wanted to go canvass Ohio and I wanted to just hang out with my friends."

Needless to say, the relationship didn't work out, but Keller has become a mini-Internet phenomenon with her video "I Got Dumped for Obama."

She says she doesn't talk politics with her new boyfriend.



To read the full article, click here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Since Laura discovered Obama's favourite character in The Wire was Omar she has also developed a new found love for Barak.