Tuesday, July 29, 2008

More "Celebrity" Sightings

So I'm sitting in 30th Street Station in Philadelphia yesterday waiting for my train when this really tall guy sits down in front of me. I felt short. Literally a second later, a kid comes up to him and shyly asks for an autograph. "No problem," says the Tall Guy. I then notice he has a small Sacramento Kings backpack with him. NBA player, maybe? Not wanting to look like an idiot, I just sit there rather than pulling the "Are you a professional basketball player?" question which would be more acceptable for an attractive twenty-five year old woman to ask. But me? I'm a baseball guy so I just sit there. He then gets up a few minutes later and heads for the train. I forget about it.

Fast forward to today. I'm sitting around writing some cover letters with ESPN on quietly in the background. I happen to look up and there's Tall Guy on my TV. It turns out he is Jason Thompson, the 12th pick in this year's NBA Draft (for the Sacramento Kings). Maybe I should have asked for the autograph after all. He was riding first class on the train and I have a feeling if he lives up to the hype, he'll be getting used to it. Good luck out West, Tall Guy.

To check out the video clip I saw, click here.

No comments: