Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Punky Brewster Takes Over Crate and Barrel

I'm almost finished watching Season One of "Miami Vice" on Hulu and I must say I have a new appreciation for the 1980s. While the show by no means reflected the "real Miami" of the mid 80s, it is hard not to get caught up in the style, atmosphere, and music on the show. Still, I can only take my appreciation so far.

The latest CB2 catalogue (Crate and Barrel's hipster spin-off brand) arrived yesterday and you would have thought Punky Brewster became the new CEO of the company based on some of the new designs and patterns. Trust me, I'm no interior decorator, but these patterns scream 1985 Boy George to me. (Whatever happened to Boy George? Oh yeah, he's busy getting his visa denied by the State Department). Anyhow, here are the offending items:

If you like what you see (I shudder at the thought) or are getting nostalgic for the Reagan era, you can check out the rest of the catalogue online here.

No comments: