Sunday, December 16, 2007

It IS a Wonderful Life

The holiday party season kicked off this past weekend, and what better way to celebrate than watching It's a Wonderful Life three times in one day? I went down to the National Archives with a friend to see it on the big screen. Supposedly it was Ronald Reagan's favorite movie of all time. I'm suprised. Personally, I thought he would have picked his own 1951 classic Bedtime for Bonzo. Well, as always, it was great seeing IAWL, projected up on the screen larger than life. That night, we hosted a holiday party at my place and had the film on in background to create "ambiance" - I think it did the trick. (For a recap of the party, check out a friend's blog entry. Overall a great evening, with the exception of a few "hangers-on" that inevitably show up).

So here's hoping you are getting into the holiday spirit as if the snow wasn't enough to get the vibe going. Check out one of my favorite scenes from the movie. I apologize it's one of those horrible YouTube clips where some genius decided to use their camcorder to record their TV, but this is all I could find on the web. Still, the poor video can't take away from the magic of the scene:

2 comments:

tatiana said...

one day, i will have to sit down and watch it all the way through, WITH SOUND, though i don't know if i would have caught all the lines without the captioning on!

Elle said...

I'm so sad I missed your party, I heard great things! I looove that I clicked on the post link aaaand it was Tatts, HA! Just so you know: now that I have met you I may become a serial comment leaver :)