Wednesday, June 4, 2008

The Strangest Job Title Ever

During one of my daily searchers for jobs on Idealist today, I came across one listing that caught my eye. It jumped out not because I thought it would be a great fit for me, but rather because of the title of the position:

"Director of Abuse of Power"

Hmm. I wonder if Hugo Chavez, Robert Mugabe, or Kim Jong-il sent in their resumes? Or maybe those crazy military guys in Myanmar? Reading on, it turns out that the position is to head the Abuse of Power campaign spearheaded by the organization Common Cause to "highlight abuses of power by the Executive Branch and the abdication of power by the Legislative Branch and what it means for the survival of the Constitution and our democracy."

So I guess that means Vice President Cheney is barred from applying. But if you are interested in the position, check out the posting here. It would be pretty neat to have "Director of Abuse of Power" on your credit card, wouldn't it? (And if you get the job, please hook me up).

No comments: