Monday, September 8, 2008

Joe Biden to the Rescue

I've tried my best to keep my personal life off the pages of this blog. Sure, political opinions, commentary on life in DC, sports affiliations, and musical tastes can all be considered "personal," but they aren't really, you know, personal. That being said, I can't help but write about a dream I had this past weekend. Not a dream in the figurative sense, but a real, REM style, sleeping-in-bed dream. Here it goes:

I'm standing outside on the front lawn of my childhood home in suburban Philadelphia. It's late afternoon. Everything seems calm and normal. Then, out of nowhere, the sky turns dark and a tornado touches down in the distance, heading in my direction. I start running across the lawn when all of a sudden I see a helicopter come flying over the horizon. The helicopter touches down in front of me, piloted by...Sen. Joe Biden. (And yes, he had on shiny aviator glasses). "Get on board!" he yells. I hop on the helicopter, buckle up, put on my headset, and give the thumbs up. "Thanks, Joe!" And then we flew to Florida.

Bizarre, I know. As soon as I woke up, I started analyzing it. Why the tornado? Why Joe Biden? Why at my old house in PA? Why did we fly to Florida? I never bought one of those dream interpretation books so I couldn't come up with anything concrete. All I can think of is that this means the Obama/Biden ticket is going to "rescue" (read: win) Pennsylvania and Florida in November (Amen). Or perhaps it just means that I've been watching too much CNN lately.

Either way, I'm just glad Biden showed up in the helicopter to save me since we all know that Sarah Palin wouldn't have been able to since she got rid of that "corporate jet" on Ebay (or did she?)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

haha, so good Brett. In actuality, Sarah Palin probably would have flown over and then iced you with one of her sweet semi automatics she probably stashes in that beehive. The dream was definitely illustrative of a new day coming. Hope all is well with you and Juliet, talk to you guys soon!